Date(s) - 25/09/17
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
DESIGNATED SAFEGUARDING LEAD (6 hour course)
NOW FULLY BOOKED.
Places on this course on 27th Februrary 2018 are still available.
Area: Safeguarding and Welfare
Trainer: Denise Hulme / Deborah Sutton
Are you new to the role of the Designated Safeguarding Lead for child protection or is your training due for an update? It is now a must to have more than 1 named designated persons to cover A/L, sickness and all times in the day. Having more than 1 designated lead also helps support the difficult process of making professional judgments and decisions at your setting
Aim of the Day: To enable participants to become familiar with the role and responsibilities of the designated safeguarding lead for safeguarding children and young people and develop competence and confidence in carrying out this role
- To describe the role of the designated safeguarding lead and key areas of responsibility
- To identify key legislation and guidance
- To illustrate what action to take when informed of a range of concerns about a child
- To take part in the referral process
- To clarify the issues in connection with recording, sharing information and confidentiality
- To describe the role your setting has in the multi-agency child protection process
Bookings are closed for this event.