Date/Time: Thursday November 21 2019 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Location: Leap Children's & Familes CentreClyde Street, Ashton-Under-Lyne, Oldham, OL7 0NQ
FOUNDATIONS FOR EARLY LITERACY AND PHONICS
Area: Learning and Development
Trainer: Cath Larkin
This course will help you to understand what phonics teaching should look like in pre-school settings and help you to gain confidence in delivering effective phonics activities for three and four year olds.
- To identify the key principles of providing a solid foundation for the teaching of reading and phonics for young learners
- To explore a range of practical strategies to promote learning and development of literacy and phonics
- To enable staff to be confident to teach phonemes and blending and segmenting of sounds
- To plan literacy friendly environment and engender a love of literacy in the children
- To consider literacy and phonics in light of the school readiness agenda
Bookings are closed for this event.