Date/Time: Thursday May 16 2019 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Area: Learning and Development, Safeguarding and Welfare
Trainer: Sue McDonald
This course aims to raise practitioners and providers awareness of the risk factors around food and Anaphylaxis reaction and what simple steps can be taken to reduce and manage these risks when caring for young children.
- To define what Anaphylaxis is
- To explore common triggers of Anaphylaxis, including those covered by Food Allergen Act 2014
- To discuss responsibilities under EYFS and Food Allergen Act 2014 in relation to food for children in their care
- To define signs and symptoms of Anaphylaxis
- To discuss treatment for a casualty suffering from an Anaphylaxis reaction
An opportunity to strengthen knowledge around legal responsibilities in regard to food and Anaphylaxis reaction, signs and symptoms, common triggers and treatment. In depth look at foods covered by Food Allergens Act 2014 and how these are sometimes hidden in food and drink
Bookings are closed for this event.